Hey, my name is Abdul Rehman and in today’s post, you will learn how to fix “The system cannot find the file specified” error. This is a very common error for Windows users, especially for Windows 10. The error code is just like 0x80070002.
What are the Reasons Responsible For the Error?
There are a lot of reasons which may cause the system cannot find the specified file error, but we have found some common reasons which are responsible for this error. These are as follows:
- Driver File Missing or Corrupted
- Connectivity Issues
- Disk Errors
- Incorrect File Information
- Offline Partition System
How You Can Fix the Error Message?
Depending on the causes, we have found some reliable methods that you can use to correct the error message. The following are the methods that can help you get rid of the system. Cannot find the specified file error:
1. Complete the Windows Updates
- Press both the Windows Logo+I keys at the same time.
- This will open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Select Updates & Security from the available options.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” button.
- As soon as it’s completed, restart your Windows device.
2. Reinstall the Windows Drivers
- Press both the Windows Logo+R keys.
- Search for control panel and press enter.
- Click on the Device Manager from the available options.
- Select the driver you want to uninstall.
- Right-click and Uninstall from the available options.
- When it’s done, reinstall the Windows driver.
3. Check the System Log Files
- Open the Run box.
- Search for C:/Windows/INF and then Press enter.
- Search for the setupapi.dev.log file.
- As soon as you find it, double-click on it.
- Press and hold both the Ctrl and F keys at the same time.
- Now Type “Cannot Find the File” text in the search bar.
- Press Enter and wait for a few seconds.
- Now copy the missing file and paste it in the Windows/INF folder.
- Reinstall the Windows Drivers and Restart your device.
Repair the Missing Files
- Press both the Windows Logo+X keys.
- Select “Command Prompt(Admin) from the available options.
- Then type “SFC/scan now” and press enter.
- This will run a complete scan on your device.
- Now your device will show up a message like “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations”.
5. Run Your Antivirus
If you have an anti-virus installed on your device, then you can also run it to check for any malicious or corrupted files. The following are the steps that you can use to run a simple scan on your device.
- Launch the Antivirus software.
- When it opens, press the Scan button.
- This will run a complete scan of your device.
- As soon as it’s done, then see how many files are infected.
- Delete all those files.
- Restart your device.
Now you know How to Fix the System cannot Find The File Specified Error? But with manual troubleshooting methods, you can easily correct the error. In case you cannot solve it by following the aforementioned methods, you can contact the IT Specialist to solve the problem further.